Last Day To Register For The Flounder Pounder Open 2019
If you haven’t already today by 6 PM is the last day to register for the Flounder Pounder. You can register online or go Paradise Grill in Pot Nets Bayside and register in person.
Should be an interesting year I don’t think we have seen a Delaware Flounder over two digits yet offshore. Been some quality fish caught but not huge. No doormats yet, they have to be double digits before I will even consider calling a flounder a doormat. Candy bars changed size over the years, not fish.
Good Luck to all of the anglers this year and see you at the scales!
Flounder Pounder Rules …
• Registration in person will be held in the Paradise Marina Building from 9:00am July 29th, 2019 to 6:00pm August 11th, 2019. Each team will receive 2 Lay Day cards, 3 Weigh-In cards, and 3 Calcutta cards (if your team is registered for the optional Calcutta) Each Angler will receive a t-shirt card.
• If registering online, please visit www.flounderpounderopen.com/registration from 9:00am July 29th, 2019 to 6:00pm August 11th, 2019. You will be emailed your 2 Lay Day cards, 3 Weigh-In cards, and 3 Calcutta cards (if registered for the optional Calcutta) and t-shirt slips shortly after completion of your registration. A 2.9% credit card fee will apply for online registration.
• Optional Daily Calcutta entry fee for all 3 days you fish is $100 July 29th-Aug. 4th and $125 from Aug. 5th-11th. 1st Place: $5,000, 2nd Place: $3,000, 3rd Place: $1,500, 4th Place: $1,000, and 5th Place: $500 each day of tournament. Each captain is eligible to weigh 1 flounder per day.
• *** To quality for the 1st Place Calcutta prize, your fish must weigh a minimum of 5 pounds. (Only for Calcutta Division and only for 1st Place) If your fish is not at least 5 pounds, you are eligible to win 2nd-5th Place in the Calcutta Division.
• Once an angler has been registered on your team, they cannot be removed from your team, or replaced by a new angler. Once they are registered, that is final. Each angler is only permitted to be registered on 1 team.
• This tournament will be a 5-day tournament where you will choose the 3 days you are going to fish.
• This will be a flounder tournament only and you must fish on a registered team by boat.
• The registration fee will be $300/team from July 29th-Aug. 4th and will be $325/team from Aug. 5th-11th. Team fee does not include Captain. The registration fee per angler is $150 from July 29th-Aug. 4th and $175 Aug. 5th-11th You may have up to 8 registered anglers on your boat with one being registered as the Captain. Everyone on the boat must be registered, no exceptions!
• A registered angler from your team is required to check in the morning you are NOT fishing before 7am. Lay Day check-ins will be at the Paradise Marina Building each day of the tournament from 6:00am-7:00am OR you may email Layday@flounderpounderopen.com the day prior after 7:00pm or the day of your lay day before 7:00am. Once email is sent it is final, there is no going back. If you choose to not send an email, you must turn your lay day card in at the Paradise Marina that day between 6:00am-7:00am. If you choose to email, you MUST include the following information: Team number, team name, and type “LAYDAY” If you fish on Wednesday, August 14th, Thursday, August 15th, and Friday, August 16th, you are not required to report your lay day on Saturday, August 17th and Sunday August 18th.
• Captains may be switched within your boat, but only with a registered angler on your boat and you must update your registration form at the Paradise Marina prior to the tournament.
• *NEW THIS YEAR*You may only fish 50 nautical miles from the Indian River Inlet Green Buoy #1! Any fish caught outside 50 nautical miles will be immediately disqualified!
• You may fish in both Delaware and Federal waters.
• T-shirts can be picked up at the t-shirt shop during the Bud Light Captain’s meeting on Tuesday, August 13th. Each angler must present their T-shirt Card when picking their t-shirt up. No exceptions.
• Winning Flounder in the Overall Division are determined by weight, in the event of a tie, length will be used to break the tie. In the event that the 2 team’s fish have the same weight and length, the prize will be combined with the next place down and the 2 teams will split the combined 2 prizes. In the event that the 2 teams tie for 10th Place in the overall division, the 2 teams will split the 10th place prize only.
• Winning Flounder in the Optional Daily Calcutta Division are determined by weight, in the event of a tie, length will be used to break the tie. In the event that the 2 team’s fish have the same weight and length, the prize will be combined with the next place down and the 2 teams will split the combined 2 prizes for either 1st & 2nd Place. If 2 teams are tied for 5th Place in the Calcutta Division, the 2 teams will split the 5th place prize only.
• Each captain is eligible to weigh 1 flounder per day. The flounder must be weighed the day it is caught. It is the captain’s responsibility to bring the heaviest flounder to the weigh-ins. The captain will be the only one permitted on the stage during the weigh in.
• Scale master will verify the length with you on stage. Once the Captain leaves the Scales the weight and measurement of the fish is final.
• All fish must be landed using rod and reel, hook and line. You must hook, fight, and land your own fish. Another angler may net your fish; however, no gaffing is permitted. Must use net.
• Anglers must comply with all Federal and State of Delaware laws regarding size and number of flounder caught. The Department of Natural Resources sets the minimum size requirements for recreational summer flounder each year in Delaware.
• Once a fish is caught, a team may use any means to make their fish available for weighing. This includes but is not limited to switching his fish to another boat, being towed by another boat, or trucking the fish to the scales, however, you have to be in the Paradise Lagoon Bar by 6pm! Once the switch has been made, no team member may fish the remainder of that day.
• Each team is eligible to win one prize in the overall division and each team is eligible to win one prize in EACH of the 3 days they fish in the daily Calcutta if registered.
• If registering in person, you may pay by cash or credit. A 2% fee will be added to your payment total if paying with a credit card in person. If you are registering online at www.flounderpounderopen.com/registration a 2.9% fee will be added to your payment total.
• Our awards ceremony, where you will choose your prize, will be held around 7:30pm on Sunday, Aug. 18th. The Band Live Wire will follow the ceremony.
• Winning checks and/or boats will be distributed on Thursday, August 22nd after 1pm.
• Winners will be subject to a lie detector test.
NOTE: All fish entered will be subject to any examinations judges feel appropriate for the integrity of the tournament. Violation of the Tournament Rules shall constitute grounds for disqualification. Judges shall rule on any violation. The decision of the judges shall be final. All participants express by their entry in this tournament to release the Paradise Marina from any and all liability, losses for liable, slander, damage, negligence, injury or death suffered by any entrant, participant, companion, crew, guest or family member that may result from any tournament activity on land or sea. I understand and agree to abide by the rules of the Paradise Flounder Pounder Open Tournament.
Prize money will be issued Thursday, August 22nd at 1pm. ID and SS# will be required!