Flounder Pounder Open 2018 Will Be Off The Hook!
The 2018 Flounder Pounder Open’s details have been set for next year and you want to get the dates reserved for this one! Go on vacation, quit your job, you won’t want to miss the largest flounder tournament in the world. Al Tortella owner of Paradise Island has really amped it up for 2018. The Flounder Pounder Open will now be five days long and you can fish three of those five days! Also there are now ten spots to place on the leader board and daily Calcutta pay outs! Anglers have a shot to win money daily if they enter the Calcutta,and five more chances at the leaderboard. This truly is the largest flounder tournament in the world with payouts at over two hundred thousand dollars! good luck and save the dates!!
Announcement from Paradise Island …
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
We are so thankful for all of you and so excited to release the details for the 2018 FLOUNDER POUNDER OPEN, THE LARGEST FLOUNDER TOURNAMENT IN THE WORLD!!!! We hope you are sitting down for this! This year’s FPO will be August 15-19, 2018. No, that is not a typo, you are reading it correctly!! This year’s tournament will be a 5 DAY tournament where you fish 3 out of 5 days!!! Might want to jot that down on the work calendar now! We have also added a twist to our Optional Calcutta Division, this year it will be a daily Calcutta! That’s right, we are throwing up $4,000/DAY to win in the Calcutta Division, $20,000 total! And we are not stopping there, last year you had 5 places to try and grab on that leader board…not this year. The 2018 FPO now has 10 PLACES to grab for your chance to have your teams name next to $$$ signs! Total Cash Prize $ for the 2018 FPO is $235,000.00!
HERE ARE THE DETAILS:
TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEES: (Includes T-shirt)
1ST WEEK OF REGISTRATION: (July 30-Aug. 5th)
2ND WEEK OF REGISTRATION: (Aug. 6-12)
(Early registration is recommended)
OPTIONAL DAILY CALCUTTA ENTRY FEE : $50/TEAM
(Optional Calcutta winners will be determined by the weight of fish weighed that day. In the event of a tie, length will be used. You are able to win one prize per each of the 3 days you fish in the Optional Calcutta division if registered)
Optional Daily Calcutta Division Prize Breakdown:
1st – $2,500.00!!!
2nd – $1,000.00!!!
3rd – $500.00!!!
$4,000.00 TOTAL DAILY CALCUTTA MONEY EACH DAY! $20,000.00 TOTAL!
• Registration will be held July 30-Aug. 12, 2018.
• Captain’s meeting will be on Tuesday, August 14th at 7:30pm in the Lagoon Area.
• This will be a flounder tournament only and you must fish on a registered boat.
• You may have up to 8 registered anglers on your team with one being registered as the Captain. Everyone on the boat must be registered, no exceptions!
• Each team will receive 2 Lay Day Cards to present the 2 days you do NOT fish, or you may use the Lay Day email system for those 2 days.
• Each team is eligible to win one prize in the top 10 overall.
• Each team may also win one prize in the daily Calcutta each of the 3 days they fish.
• However, the Captain from each team is only entitled to weigh one fish per day and it is his/her responsibility to bring the heaviest fish to the scales.
• You may fish in both Delaware and Federal waters.
• Winning flounder are determined by weight, in the event of a tie, length will be used. Each captain is eligible to weigh 1 flounder per day. The flounder must be weighed the day it is caught.
• All fish must be landed using rod and reel, hook and line. You must land, hook, and fight your own fish. Another angler may net your fish, however no gaffing, must use net!
• Anglers must comply with all Federal and State of Delaware laws regarding size and number of flounder caught. The Department of Natural Resources sets the minimum size requirements for recreational summer flounder each year in Delaware.
• Lines may enter the water at 7am each day.
• Scales open at 4pm each day
• Lines must be out of the water by 5pm.
• You must be back to Paradise by 6pm.
• You do not have to come by boat to weigh-in.
THE PRIZES FOR THE 2018 FPO!
1st – $100,000.00
3rd – $25,000.00
4th – $15,000.00
5th – $10,000.00
PLACES 1st-5th WILL HAVE THE OPTION TO TAKE THE CASH OR A BOAT/JET-SKI!!! Details will follow soon! You do not want to miss the boat options this year!!! When it comes down to a choice this year, you will definitely have to take a moment to think about your answer!
$50 from every boat registered will be donated to the Beebe Tunnell Cancer Center! Last year’s check was over $16,000.00!!!!! That is something that we are very proud of and you should be too 2017 anglers! Now, how many of you will be registering for the 2018 FPO??