Located on the Delaware Bay between the St Jones river and Murderkill River, Bowers beach was a very large fishing community back in the day. Bowers Beach was incorporated on March 9, 1907, and then reincorporated as the Town of Bowers in 1962. It was one of the earliest settlements along the Delaware Bay, originally named Whitwell's Delight in the 1600's. Bowers Beach is still a great community on the Delaware Bay. Back in the day it was a favorite place for watermen and tourists to mix it up in the local watering holes. Today the town is . . .
Already a subscriber?