Cape Henlopen State Park is looking for hurricane Sandy clean up volunteers … This is from Shelby Lachmann the park volunteer coordinator.
Thank you SO much for interest in volunteering for Storm Damage Cleanup at Delaware State Parks!!
In the wake of Hurricane Sandy our beautiful beaches and trails have been severely littered with debris small to large. We need your help to restore the conditions of the park we share!
*For volunteers only interested in giving a hand at Delaware Seashore State Park, please stay tuned! The park is still not accessible due to damage to the bridge and roadway. We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you there!
How to Signup:
- Please call (302-644-5005 or 302-272-2845)or email the Volunteer Coordinator with the date you wish to sign up and number of volunteers attending.
- If you have not already, please fill out a volunteer application found @ www.destateparks.com/Sandy
- Please feel free to pass this along!
- Below are the details of events already scheduled.
- Saturday, November 3rd:
- Where: Cape Henlopen State Park – Nature Center
- When: 9:00AM – 12:00PM
- What: Trail Cleanup
- Sunday, November 4th:
- Where: Cape Henlopen State Park – Fishing Pier
- When: 8:30AM – ???
- What: Beach Cleanup
- Monday, November 5th:
- Where: Cape Henlopen State Park – Park Office
- When: 9:00AM – ???
- What: Project to be announced
- Saturday, November 10th:
- Cape Henlopen State Park AND Delaware Seashore State Park
- To be announced
What to Bring:
- Work Gloves (if you have them)
- Bottled Water
- Closed-toe shoes
- Weather appropriate attire
- Restrooms will be available
Thank you again for your willingness to assist Delaware State Parks with cleanup in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us anytime!
Cape Henlopen State Park
We would appreciate it if you could come out and help. I plan on doing as much as I can, if you have the spare time please come out and help.