Intro to SUP Saltwater Fishing Clinic
Location: Fenwick Island Delmarva Board Sports Shop- 39084 Harpoon Road, Fenwick Island, DE 19944. Venue subject to change based on tide/wind.
Pre-Requisites: Fishing License & Paddle Boarding Experience
Mission: To introduce novice to intermediate SUP anglers to the successful techniques used to effectively catch fish from a Stand Up Paddleboard in our tidal waters of DelMarVa.
Space is limited. Call 302-260-9008 to reserve your space today.
Performed by Brian Roberts, Maryland Licensed Guide & Founder of White Marlin Outfitters & Delmarva Board Sports Team Rider
Items Provided in Clinic- Equipment
- Rods – Each student will be provided with rods sponsored by White Marlin Outfitters.
- Bait – Each Student will be provided live bait in a bucket, artificial lures & flies selected by and sponsored by White Marlin Outfitters.
- SUP Boards – Bring Your Own or Rental Provided by Delmarva Board Sports $40. Includes all necessary safety equipment.
Itinerary: Intro/ Importance of Planning before fishing (5 minutes)
- Tackle to use in our local waters (5 minutes):
- Fly Fishing
- Lines, Leaders, Hooks & Terminal Tackle
- Rigging to Catch Fish (10 minutes):
- Live Bait Setup
- Artificial Lures
- Fishing Strategies (10 minutes):
- Current, Tides & Moon-
- Delmarva Coastal Targeted Species Fish
- Striped Bass (Rockfish)-
- Red Drum (Redfish)-
- Tautog (Blackfish)-
- Casting, Drifting & Landing Fish Safely
- Paddleboard Fishing Excursion (2.5 Hours)